Sunday, February 13, 2011

Reflection

So I posted a reflection on my own portfolio, in response to the query about the difference between a field and a discipline: it turns out to have been a very productive question for my thinking ;) See http://www.wix.com/kyancey/demo3 (the tab labeled reflection ;) The other point I wanted to make was that as much as I like r/c as a discipline (no surprise there), I like the big picture, which I don't think we have had. So it's fascinating to me--and helpful--to see how what I understand R/C to be play out in the larger universe, which includes k-12 and creative writing. Last week, I especially appreciated the discussion about formalism as technique keyed to genre, which makes formalism look very different and is a healthy corrective. Looking forward to more of the same tomorrow ;) k

No comments:

Post a Comment